Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Happy

Today, in this moment right now, I am happy.

I feel like this is important to post because too often I only write when I am sad, frustrated, or angry.

Nothing spectacular happened today. We've done a med change, so that could be part of it (let's hope), but also things are really looking up in terms of our life together. We're moving out and moving on within the next 2 months. It's been stressful because trying to coordinate a studio move and house move is a lot. I've also been trying to work with a friend on some business stuff and that has proven to be difficult. I'm reminded, daily, that texts and FB messages are not an adequate way to express emotion behind one's words. Trying to give a lot of grace...

But I'm happy. Today. In this moment.

The sky has been clear and blue all day. The lake is a blue-green that was really shimmery in the sun. It was about 60*, nearly perfect, save for the breeze that made it just a touch chilly. The girls are calm and happy. Jason likes his new job and the feeling seems mutual. Right now the house is quiet, just some birds outside and the sound of the bubbling fountain for the girls. Everyone I love is healthy, as far as I know, and although COVID is still pushing down on us, right now the simple precautions we are taking are keeping it at bay, at least for us. Right now, in this moment, I am happy.

And for that, I am very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment